Thursday, January 12, 2017

PE 12 REFLECTIONS

As this semester comes to a close, it is time to reflect.

Watching my ビデオ プリテレ、I am proud at how natural my lines in Japanese sound. Since I do voice acting in America, the PE assignments this fall were a very exciting personal challenge for me. I worked very hard, listening over and over again to recordings in order to match as close as I could the correct pronunciation. しばた先生 made it very clear for us the importance of pronouncing Japanese phrases accurately.

These were my PE goals for the semester:


1) Improve my intonations

2) Many Japanese words sound very similar, and are only different to the slightest degree. I plan to study vocabulary thoroughly and make sure I am using the right word, and know how to say it properly to avoid misunderstanding! 

3) Speak more fluidly. I love speaking the language, and hope I can get to the point where I can easily have conversations, and have it feel natural!

Here are the ways I will help to make my goals achievable:
A) Watch アニメ with my roommate, わるとんたん twice a week for 30 minutes.

B) Go to しばたせんせえ’s Office Hours minimum twice a month.

C) I will go to にほんご てブルー twice a month, and speak with other Japanese speaking students and faculty.

D) I will try to spend time with friends who are also taking Japanese 101, and practice conversing with them.

いいですね!!I definitely fulfilled a lot of these goals! One of my best friends at school is from Tokyo, and we speak in Japanese all the time. I got to office hours twice a month, and try to attend 日本語 テーブル as much as possible. I plan to continue working this hard in Japanese, because I cannot believed all that I have learned in just one semester.




No comments:

Post a Comment