Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Goals, Goals, Goals!

Goals, Goals, Goals!

I have several goals as a Japanese student this semester.:

1) Improve my intonations

2) Many Japanese words sound very similar, and are only different to the slightest degree. I plan to study vocabulary thoroughly and make sure I am using the right word, and know how to say it properly to avoid misunderstanding! 

3) Speak more fluidly. I love speaking the language, and hope I can get to the point where I can easily have conversations, and have it feel natural!

Here are the ways I will help to make my goals achievable:
A) Watch アニメ with my roommate, わるとんたん twice a week for 30 minutes.

B) Go to しばたせんせえ’s Office Hours minimum twice a month.

C) I will go to にほんご てブルー てブルー twice a month, and speak with other Japanese speaking students and faculty.

D) I will try to spend time with friends who are also taking Japanese 101, and practice conversing with them.

I'm really excited to shadow a clip from Spirited Away, and other anime. It will be really rewarding once I can speak to my family members in Tokyo!

や、また!


4 comments:

  1. I love Spirited Away so much! Definitely loved how you incorporated this into your goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tessa さん、こんばんは。

    Your goals are nice and clear. I agree that many Japanese words sound similar (long vs short vowels really confuse me). Hopefully both of us will be using the right words with the right pronunciations when we speak Japanese.

    Also, despite being super mainstream, Spirited Away is probably my favorite Miyazaki film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tessa さん、こんばんは。
    僕はカビゴンです。I also have the problem of distinguishing between similar sounds such as voiced and voiceless consonants. If you find a way to help distinguish such similar sounds, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tessa さん、こんにちは!
    わたしは、かんさいだいがくの3ねんせいの、さえこです。
    よろしくおねがいします。

    I read your goals, and they're very clear and nice!
    I also love Spirited Away. My other favorite is Princess Mononoke. I recommend it.

    ReplyDelete