Wednesday, September 14, 2016

I chose to take Japanese for multiple reasons. Initially, I was interested because I have Japanese and Japanese-American relatives, who I want to connect with more often. I went to Japan this past June to visit my great-aunt who lives there, and became very close with her quickly. She taught me some aspects of Japanese culture, and I was fascinated with its nuance. There were many things to learn about behavior; things that were considered rude and not rude.

I fell in love with the fashion, namely Harajuku, and the food. There is so much thought and detail put into meals in Japan. While I was in Tokyo, I taught a workshop on acting for some theater students at a university, and made friends with a few performers. I would love to keep in touch with them. All in all, I wish to learn Japanese so I can re-visit my family and friends, be able to speak easily with them, and experience Japan in a more authentic way.

1 comment:

  1. てっささん、おはようございます。

    From your post I can see your passion for Japanese learning, and your personal experience is a great incentive. I'm also fascinated with Japanese culture and hope one day I can read the haiku on my own.

    じゃ、また。
    夏麗麗

    ReplyDelete